Birth Certificate Indonesia
A birth certificate Indonesia (Akte Lahir) is the first legal recognition of a child’s identity. To obtain that, a ‘Surat Keterangan Lahir’ and ‘Surat Keterangan Kelahiran‘ is provided by the hospital within 15 days of birth. In addition, they normally state a child’s name, date of birth and place of birth, as well as the parents’ details. A birth certificate is the most important document for proving a child’s identity and nationality. In addition, ithe local Indonesia registrar offices (Catatan Sipil) manage civil documents.
If the child is not born in a hospital, then the village chief takes care of this. All of these civil documents are used to establish identity, get married, go to school, buy property or a house, drive a car, get a job, obtain a passport for travel, or other legal purposes. For other people, such as immigrants who get permission to stay in Indonesia temporarily, have no obligation to notify of birth to the civil registrar. However, the civil registrar will proceed with the birth registration in case that there is a notification of birth from such immigrant.
Contact Zele Investigators Indonesia for a Quote or More Information:
Why Is an Indonesian Birth Certificate Important?
According to a national survey conducted, only 99.8% of Indonesian children under the age of five are registered at birth. Furthermore, among children from non-Indo households, the birth registration rate is only 79.2 per cent. This happens, even though Indonesian law states that any child born in Indonesia has the right to be registered and to obtain a birth certificate. In addition, this includes non-Indonesian parents or parents who have no legal status.
Without a birth certificate, a child can be denied the right to subsidized healthcare and other social welfare services. They can also face restrictions on travel that limit both future education and employment opportunities. Unregistered children are also more vulnerable to abuse, trafficking, and exploitation. Their legal status makes it more difficult for them to file complaints or access related service once they fall victims.
Birth Certificate Indonesia, Other Civil Documents Search and Verification Services
We search, verify and obtain authenticated copies of any of the following Indonesia civil or other documents. Civil documents are useful for legal cases, paternity checks, or simply to make well-informed decisions. Here is what civil documents and other records we can get for you:
- Marriage Certificates: Contain both married parties full names, dates of birth, places of birth, date or marriage and place of marriage. The witness and parent’s names may also be included. The name and signature of the designated civil authority agent also included.
- Birth Certificates: Indicate the person’s name, date of birth, place of birth, and parent’s names. The witness names may be included. The name and signature of the designated civil authority agent also included.
- Baptismal Certificates: Indicate the person’s name, date of birth, place of birth, parent’s names, along with the name of the church and priest. Witness names may also be included.
- Death Certificates: Show the person’s name, date of death, date and place of birth, and parent’s names. The name and signature of the designated civil authority agent also included.
- Vehicle Registration: Includes the vehicle year, make and model, registrant’s full name, ID number, date of birth, and address.
- Title Documents: Contain the address or other location information, owner name, transaction date. Some may also include a map and purchase price. The name and signature of the designated civil authority agent also included.
- Business Registration: Indicate the business name, registration date, tax ID, current tax status, address, and owner names(s). Other information such as industry, current financial summary may also be included.
- Professional Licenses: Varies depending on the profession, but at least will have the subject’s name, profession, date of authorization, and professional certification credentials along with address and contact information. The name and signature of the designated authority agent also included.
- Immigration/Passport Records: Shows the full name, date of birth, nationality, passport details and travel information into and out of the country, including flight information. May include copy of passport and immigration entry picture. Certain other information such as registration address may also be included. Please note, international travel only, domestic is not tracked.
- Criminal Records: Includes the full name, date of birth, ID or passport number, current status or location if in jail, and if any the crime(s) committed.
- Police Clearance Certificates: Contain the full name, date of birth, ID or passport number, certification of no police record, and police office address and contact information.
- Driver’s License: Shows the driver’s full name, date of birth, ID or passport number, expiration date, and class of license. It may also contain any special notes, such as handicapped or restrictions.
- School Records: Indicate the full name, date of birth, ID or passport number, enrollment status, faculty, any educational degrees granted. Other details may be provided.
- Tax Records: Indicate the full name, ID or passport number, tax period, tax status, and financial information.
Indonesia birth certificate and other civil document services start at $595. In addition, we offer fast 3 day Express Service, with legalization/apostilization, local and international courier service and translation options available. The cost for the legalization and apostilization services is $695 and your embassy or consulate fees is applicable. This service takes about 3-5 days to complete. We can provide a certified translation of any Indonesian civil document, and the cost is $139.